hello! thanks for stopping by

Welcome!
Come on in and see what's happening in my studio.







Wednesday, January 21, 2009

a goodish, baddish day

Yesterday i was excited to watch the inaguartion of Barack Obama, and I was photographing images off of my flat screen TV like a nerd, but I don't care.








Meanwhile, my big dog had gone to the vet for routine bloodwork prior to dental cleaning.


______________________________woody




I was shocked to get a call from the vet telling me one of his tests came back showing an elevated "something"cell count that was an indicator of bone marrow cancer (rarely) or kidney tumors. I generally don't believe in extreme measures to prolong the life of a dying animal, and after several phone calls back and forth from the vet, to me, to my husband, blah blah...we decided to just let him be and keep him as happy as we can.

He's sort of a big dog, and he is 8 years old, but I felt like someone slammed a door in my face and punched me in the chest. We sucked it up enough to take a bunch of pictures, in the hopes that some turn out to be good, and even had some laughs doing that, but it's all bittersweet.






i love him and i'm going to miss him

Other Blogs I Like