hello! thanks for stopping by

Welcome!
Come on in and see what's happening in my studio.







Wednesday, February 4, 2009

can you see me now?

Yesterday I changed the template of this blog from "minima stretch" to what you see now after feedback in the forums that informed me that my blog was s-o-o-o wide it couldn't be read all at once, and the reader had to keep turning her head to the left to read it all, and that my little green border outlines weren't lined up. Hmmm...strange. It all looked great on my screen (PC operating MS Windows XP software). I had gone to the stretch format because that allowed me more room to post photos within my blog entries, and made the sidebar...well...to the side.

I'm glad to live and learn. It's all trial and error by the self-taught method over here, so I REALLY appreciate the feedback. Hopefully this looks cool.

Now...if only I could figure out how to get my little captions under my pictures to go where I want to place them. The best solution I have come up with so far is to underscore a line in front of my caption long enough to push my words out far enough so they are lined up under the image, then change the color of the underscore to match the background color of my blog so it becomes invisible and leaves only the caption showing. Sometimes it works fine, but heaven forbid if I try to move things around later. Even at that, when I view my blog from someone else's computer it doesn't always look the same as what I see from my monitor at home.

Hopefully, I'll look back on this an laugh at my own inexperince. In the meantime, if things look out of whack....well, it's me...not you!

Other Blogs I Like