hello! thanks for stopping by

Welcome!
Come on in and see what's happening in my studio.







Tuesday, February 3, 2009

spring cleaning for the soul

I have been doing housecleaning of sorts, trying to evaluate how I am spending my time creatively, and looking ahead to what I want to be achieve in the next 5, 10, and 50 (if I'm lucky) years.

Maybe it's my age or my hormones or who knows what, but I feel so much like I'm spinning my wheels, not doing what I SHOULD be doing, in terms of living a life worthy of all I have been given...my health, family, artistic talent, an absolutely idyllic childhood, supportive family and friends. I told my mom the other day that I don't feel like I am doing my "best" at anything anymore.

Balance those thoughts with the little voice inside my head that tells me that, of course, I am doing largely what I envisioned and hoped for long ago every time I do chores and cook dinner, help the kids with homework and field trips, take the pets to the vet, pay bills, do laundry, grocery shop, and all the other occupations that fill my time. Mom bolstered my spirits by saying that I was doing my best at raising two nice kids!

So...


Can I paint and draw more?
Make more interesting and beautiful jewelry?
Go to bed earlier?
Improve my metalworking skills?
Market myself to sell better?
Be more patient and kind?
Exercize more (way more)?
Maintain genuine friendships?
Pray more?
Spend less time on the computer, and more time in the studio?




...I am trying, and I am trying to "do my BEST."

Other Blogs I Like