hello! thanks for stopping by

Welcome!
Come on in and see what's happening in my studio.







Tuesday, November 25, 2008

a wonderful way to spend the afternoon

Last Sunday I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Udinotti Museum of Figurative Art in Paradise Valley, Arizona to see this exhibit:

Gestures of Beauty and Elegant Pose
Japanese Prints of Actors and Beautiful Women
Prints dating from 1690 - 1830
From the Barry and Elizabeth Rosensteel Collection

The space and display of the prints was fabulous; the museum owner Agnese Udinotti was gracious and spoke eloquently; the freedom to completely wander all areas of the museum and studio space was generous; our friends the owners of the collection were humble; and the food was great.
Just seeing this space was inspiring. I had the feeling after I came home that I needed to throw out seventy-five percent of everything I own just to clear out the clutter, to cut down to the very essence of only what is important. I felt like I was absorbing a lesson that could be applied to my spiritual life, my relationships, the objects I choose to own, and my work and living spaces.

Simplify.

Other Blogs I Like